Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Solstice

Today we celebrate the "summer solstice,"  a day when we have some seventeen hours of sunlight.  It also marks the official start of summer.  This is a day when many are thrilled and many are not. Those who love all that comes with summer are excited as the days grow longer and warmer.  Beaches are crowded and the lazy days of summer begin.  Summer brings with it vacations and for many family time.  It is a time to relax, recreate and reminisce.  When I was a child I loved summer and all that it meant.  I still love it but in a different way.  I know enjoy a more relaxed pace and the time to catch up with life.  Summer is when I am most conscious of the wonderful gift of time that we are blessed with.  May these days of sunshine and warmth enliven in us an appreciation for the many gifts we have.  Enjoy the lazy days ahead!

Pat Schifini, OSU


No comments:

Post a Comment