Saturday, March 10, 2012

Remember: God is in Control!!!

“My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways” (Isaiah 55:8)

As I sit and look at the above line from today's First Reading, I can not help but reflect on the fact that I am not in control of everything in my life. That has been a real challenge for me to accept. I want to know everything, plan my life 100% percent and always be in the driver's seat. But as a person trying to live the Christian life, I must remember that God is in control. God has thoughts for my life and they do not always agree with mine. Plus the way I want things to proceed might not happen. Rather, I have to be willing to go along on the ride of this journey of life. I must be willing to travel it with God and just like if traveling with a friend, communication must take place. Therefore, I need to spend time talking and being with God and in my mind that is prayer.
More prayer time in my life is very needed. I must take some time for prayer each day, no matter how busy I get.

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment