Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Love and Action

This past Sunday, Sr. Pat and I had a gathering with other women for prayer and conversation about the spiritual dimension in our lives.

Sr. Pat shared how 3 times in the last week, she heard Mother Teresa's saying;
Do little things with great love.

I've been reflecting on that these past few days.

I am trying to live it out as I

smile at the janitor at my school building.
work with a child helping her find places in her writing to put periods.
counsel a teacher on how to discipline a child not listening.
converse with one of our elderly nuns about the sad news in our world.
communicate with outside educational consultants about my students.
type another response to an email about a meeting
put in a phone call to a person about a potential apartment.

Each day these events might seem insignificant but if there are done with great love, then they are done well.

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment