Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting

Advent is all about waiting in hope for the birth of Jesus.   I realize I'm not good at waiting; I want everything right away which I guess is part of the world today with IPADs, Droids and all other technology available to us.

Waiting requires patience and trust.  Those are two areas in my life that I need to work on- especially among myself-I need to patient with my ideas and trust in myself more.

Everywhere I turn in prayer, the idea of waiting turns up.  I've been praying since Thanksgiving with John O Donohue's poem For the Interim Time and the lines-And it is difficult and slow to become new keep speaking to me.

Plus I read a litle story about a second grader stating he wanted to be possible when he grew up because right now in his life his mom always says he is impossible.  

 I need to spend time thinking of what is possible in my life.   

What is possible in your life right now?

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment