Sunday, August 18, 2024

God Changes Plans

 

Having just returned from the LCWR Leadership Conference of Women Religious this past week this sentiment is so true. The time at the LCWR was full of renewed relationships, wonderful presentations, discussions and sharing. As I reflected on this time, I was struck by the depth of the conversations that I was privileged to be a part of.

The hotel has a pool called the lazy river. This became an image of how I see religious life right now. In the lazy river you sit in a large tube and just float in the current. As I went on the river, I was struck by the fact that you ride in the current, occasionally hit a wall, get turned in different directions, get sprayed by the different sprinklers that are spread out throughout the river. Occasionally you find yourself outside of the current and you need help to get back into it. It was a most peaceful experience and it spoke to me of the experience of religious life right now. We are in the process of moving forward yet at times we get stuck and need help to get ourselves out of it. The more I prayed with this image the clearer it all became.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit Hollywood Studios. Having not been there in a very long time I could not believe how much it had changed.  I went with friends and really enjoyed the experience. Initially I did not know where I would wind up, but I am so happy I went. I even went on the Tower of Terror ride. It certainly lived up to its name. I alternated between feeling terror and laughter.

Today I was going to spend the day at the lazy river before I flew home but this is where God changed my plans. I received an email from the airline saying that my flight might be changed due to storms, and I could change my ticket without penalty. I never moved so fast in my life. My ticket was changed, and I was rebooked very quickly and then had to get myself out of the hotel and to the airport. I am so grateful that I am home as the storms are beginning to come. My plans changed and I truly believe that God intervened.



No comments:

Post a Comment