Friday, August 24, 2018

An Attitude of Gratitude


I was reflecting this morning about life and the question, “What am I grateful for?” came to me.  At first I resisted but then I began to answer it.  Right now I am grateful for many things – my religious community, my family, my friends, my health and my happiness.  This week I celebrated both my birthday and my anniversary of religious profession.  Both days were relatively quiet yet I spent them with friends who are very important to me.  As I probed the question a little bit more I realized that I have much to be grateful for.  In a world where there is so much pain and suffering I have been blessed with tremendous happiness.  This doesn’t mean that I haven’t had any sad moments along my life’s journey it means that in comparison with others I have been spared.  Perhaps it is all in the perspective with which we look at things that colors our response.  I often wonder it we were to look at life with an attitude of gratitude rather than what’s in it for me attitude would we be happier?  Perhaps today is a good day to embrace a life that centers on an attitude of gratitude.  It we allow our hearts to be grateful than perhaps we will find ourselves just a little more happier and able to enjoy life a lot more.  

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment