Friday, September 23, 2016

Peace

I read the following when I was praying and it really resonated with me so I thought I would share it. We all need to reflect on peace and seek peace in all we do.  

Peace is not a word to thoughtlessly toss around. No, peace is the fruit of struggle. It is the child of effort and suffering. It springs from a life lived with and for others.

Pope Francis says peace grows out of brotherly and sisterly regard, He sees genuine concern for human well-being as its source.

God of nations, you have promised never to abandon humanity. Help us to see others through your eyes and to listen to the depth of their stories. Help us see the good in every person and to enjoy their gifts.

We want to strive for justice, make the world new and live as brothers and sisters. O God who has put this prayer in the human heart, hear us today, hear us now.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment