Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Jesus, the Shepherd


Since I was a small child, I have always loved the story of the Good Shepherd and have a real old fashioned picture of the Good Shepherd in both my bedroom and on my desk here in school. Jesus has the most tender look on His face as he cuddles the sheep in His arms. The reality of cuddling a sheep became clear to me when I visited the family farm in Ireland and watched my cousin caring for his sheep.  It is true that he knew them and they knew him and came running toward him when he arrived in their field.  But, by no means, were they animals that were clean and ones to be cuddled!  And it is the same with us.  We have times when we are not cuddly nor presentable and yet, Jesus continues to embrace us with His love, He gently calls us back to Him when we are lost, and He promises that He will give us eternal life if we follow His commands.


Do not be afraid to look for His embrace as you go through your day.

KM Donohue, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment