Sunday, January 5, 2014

The New Year of 2014-The Visit of the Three Kings

It is now 2014!!  Another exciting year ahead of us to have new adventures, new people in our lives and new experiences.  This year, I am really going to try to live out our Chapter message from October 2013.

Ursuline Sisters of the Roman Union
Chapter 2013 Message

As communities of faith in mission, we  respond to God's gift of a new heart and a new spirit.
With the courage of Angela, we dare to be the change we wish to see in our world.
In solidarity and compassion, and compelled by the Gospel, 
we open our hearts to the cries of our earth and its people.


I need to remember to respond the the cries of our people and work to be the change I wish to see. I can't just talk- I need to act and be too.

Today, our Catholic Church celebrated the Three Kings coming to visit Baby Jesus-they came from afar to see Jesus- I need to remember to travel both literally and figuratively to allow myself to have a new heart and a new spirit. I can count on Angela's courage to go forward.

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment