Saturday, February 11, 2012

Taking Time

Right now I am in Long Island at a house the Ursuline Sisters own. We use this house as a vacation house and a place for our sisters to go when they need time to rest, relax and have fun.

I'm sure at times it's been used for the same purpose I am here this weekend. I need to spend a major block of time working on my dissertation. I have recorded my students' questions on my IPAD and now need to transcribe them into Microsoft Word. I feel so blessed to have the time and space to be able to work on this important task.

Last night, one of our sisters called me and we discussed another one of our sisters who is experiencing severe cognitive difficulties with comprehension and memory. It is so hard to hear, experience and realize that this kind sister is not the woman she once was. This sister taught me so much about prayer and Ursuline life. She helped make this religious world for me and one I really wanted to be a part of her. I am so grateful to her for her wisdom and love. Well it is hard to be with her now because she can be angry, defensive and negative, I need to remember all she did for me and take the time to just be with her so she knows she is loved, cared for and appreciated. Isn't that what we all want in life?

This weekend will be busy with dissertation work-Yes, but hopefully too I can take time to pray and recreate my soul so I can handle all of life that will be happening in the next few weeks. Taking the time to just be is important too. Good luck to all our readers!!

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment