Saturday, January 7, 2012

Praying Together

Here it is 7 am on a Saturday morning.  I'm up and getting ready to hit the shower so I can start my day.

Today is filled with two different prayer gatherings.  First, I'm going to be co-hosting and attending a retreat day for young alumnae from the classes of 2000-2011 from the Academy of Mt. St. Ursula. We have about 60 young woman say they are attending.  GREAT!!   We've had two other retreats and they have been so meaningful. What the young woman share and how they pray and are so open to God's Spirit truly inspires me!!  I am so looking forward to today.  I'm proud of our woman graduates from AMSU and count myself blessed to be one of them.  This event is from 10am-3pm in the Bronx.

Then from 4pm-7pm or so, I'll be with different Ursuline Sisters (many from the former St. Angela's community in the Bronx and one that I lived with and ministered with in Malone, NY) and we will share some prayer and conversation time together.  It's a form of faith sharing-we'll listen to some songs, poetry and the Word of God together. Then we'll each take some to reflect individually and come back and share our insights.  I'm really looking forward to this time together. It makes me feel connected to Angela, my sisters and God!  The experience truly reminds me of why I entered religious community.

I hope all my readers have a nice day. What do you have planned for this Saturday?  How do you enrich your soul?  Prayers and blessings to all of you!!

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu



No comments:

Post a Comment