Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Religious Life Friends.

One of the best parts of being a women religious right now for me is the opportunity to get to know other women trying to live the Gospel life just like me.

I belong to a group-Giving Voice that is for Younger Women Religious Under 50(http://www.giving-voice.org/). Usually each congregation has a few members in this age group. So this group gathers us from all around for conversations and gatherings.

Later today, I will be on a Skype conference call with Jessi, a Presentation Sister and Susan, a Sister of St. Joseph of Peace (http://actjustly.blogspot.com/). We'll be planning a gathering of women religious in their 20s and 30s in Phoenix, Arizona from January 14th to 16th. All women religious in that age group are welcome and so are women considering religious life. It will be nice to be chatting with each other and thinking about what we can do together that weekend.

Plus I just was on Facebook and saw my friend Sarah, a Francisican sister in Texas and we're in the process of setting up a phone chat for Saturday.

Thank God for ways to keep communicating with each other. It is a great gift to me!!

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment