Monday, October 18, 2010

AA

On Saturday night, I attended a part of an AA evening with other Ursuline Sisters. One of our sisters was in a play on The Slogans. They were putting on little skits based on different AA slogans- Turn it over, We are only as sick as aour secret. They will get you drunk quicker than you can get them sober, and Honesty, Willingness and Openness.

The skits were very cleverly written and performed. I was so touched by the different slogans and how meaningful and applicable they are to everyone's life. I also was touched by the community spirit present in that room and the way everyone there was so supportive to each other. I admire their willingness to fight their demons and addictions. It made me think about myself and how I need to start handling some issues that are keeping me trapped from living my own life to the fullest.

I know many people whose lives have improved due to them joining AA and living the life. Thank God for it!!!

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment