Sunday, June 30, 2024

Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Today we celebrate the Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time and the last day of June. It is hard to phathom that the year is half over. In today's Gospel we hear the familiar story of Jairus' daughter who was ill and Jesus went to be with them. On the way Jesus encountered the woman with the hemmorage who touched Jesus' cloak and was healed. The woman approached Jesus and told Him the truth and she was cured of her affliction.  Jesus continued on and when he reached the house of the official He went inside and took the child's hand and told her to rise. She was healed because of their faith. 

When someone dies we often turn to God and then to our loved ones and those who give us support. We go to those who give us comfort and support. We all have a go to list -- the people we go to first when we need support. For me I generally turn to God first and then to my sister who is always there for me. She has always been my greatest supporter and I know that she is always there for me. Although physically she is about two hours away I always say that she would be here in an hour or less if I needed her. She always takes my call even if it is to say, "everything okay, I will call you right back." And that she does she always calls right back. 

As we reflect on our readings today let us remember that it is our faith that brings us to wholeness and happiness. Faith, the belief in what we hope for and the assurance about what we do not see. Or from Hebrews 11:1 "faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Let us live today in faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment