Sunday, January 15, 2023

Second Sunday in Ordinary Time

Today we celebrate the second Sunday in ordinary time.  It is a transitional moment as Christmas is now over when we were focused on Jesus’ coming.  Now we continue the journey into ordinary time.  Now we are telling the extended story of Jesus.  We will journey through Jesus’ life.  In our readings today, Isaiah, Paul, and John the Baptist were called to make God’s presence known.  John recognized Jesus and made Him known.  Our responsorial psalm reminds us that our journey of faith is to do God’s will.  God is present in my life.

One of my favorite songs is Here I Am Lord.  There are several different versions of it.  For me, Michael Ward’s arrangement is the one I love best.  As you listen to this song may we live out the call to always do God’s will.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment