Sunday, September 4, 2022

Season of Creation Week 2

 

Each week during the Season of Creation our USA JPIC Team is sharing a reflection.  The reflection for  Week 2 was prepared by Sr. Maureen Welch, OSU

In this Season of Creation, we pray that you would call to us, as from the burning bush, with the sustaining fire of your Spirit. Breathe upon us. Open our ears and move our hearts.  Turn us from our inward gaze. Teach us to contemplate your creation and listen for the voice of each creature declaring your glory.

You are invited to watch “In the Name of All That Is” by Jan Novotko at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AnLgVreNic

Reflection: What are the voices of creation that you are being invited to listen to?

For what do you give thanks?

Prayer: Canticle of Creation St. Francis of Assisi

O Most High, all-powerful, good Lord God, to you belong praise, glory, honour and all blessing. Be praised, my Lord, for all your creation and especially for our Brother Sun, who brings us the day and the light; he is strong and shines magnificently. O Lord, we think of you when we look at him.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Moon, and for the stars which you have set shining and lovely in the heavens. Be praised, my Lord, for our Brothers Wind and Air and every kind of weather by which you, Lord, uphold life in all your creatures.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Water, who is very useful to us, and humble and precious and  pure. Be praised, my Lord, for Brother Fire, through whom you give us light in the darkness: he is bright and lively and strong.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Earth, our Mother, who nourishes us and sustains us, bringing forth fruits and vegetables of many kinds and flowers of many colours.  

Be praised, my Lord, for those who forgive for love of you; and for those who bear sickness  and weakness in peace and patience - you will grant them a crown.

Be praised, my Lord, for our Sister Death, whom we must all face. I praise and bless you, Lord, and I give thanks to you, and I will serve you in all humility.



No comments:

Post a Comment