Sunday, November 7, 2021

We Remember

 

This week had been about remembering.  On Monday we celebrated the Feast of All Saints and on Tuesday the Feast of all Souls.  Yesterday we celebrated our Mass of Remembrance for fifteen Ursuline Sisters and eight Ursuline Associates who died since November of 2019.   We had a Mass of Remembrance scheduled for December of 2020 but had to postpone it due to Covid restrictions in place at the time.  The celebration took place at Holy Family Church and was live streamed for those who were unable to be present.  It was truly a beautiful celebration of the incredible women who gave their all-in service, commitment, and fidelity.  The blessing of technology made it possible for family members and friends to watch the Mass in the comfort of their homes.  The comments keep coming in from those who watched virtually.

It struck me this morning when listening to the Suscipe by John Foley, SJ,

Take, Lord, receive all my liberty.  My memory, understanding, my entire will!  Give me only your love, and your grace, that's enough for me! Your love and your grace are enough for me!

Take Lord, receive, all I have and possess.  You have given unto me, now I return it. Give me only your love, and your grace, that's enough for me!  Your love and your grace are enough for me!

Take Lord receive, all is yours now.  Dispose of it, wholly according to your will.  Give me only your love, and your grace, that's enough for me!  Your love and your grace are enough for me!

That this is what these women (and all who have gone before us) have done.  They have given their all-in love and fidelity.  Responding to God’s call is what motivated them in life, and they remain models for us today.  May we always remember to celebrate what we believe.




No comments:

Post a Comment