Monday, December 16, 2019

Reconciliation Monday



Today is Reconciliation Monday in the Archdiocese of New York.  In keeping with the intent of the day we had Reconciliation for our students, faculty and staff.  It was a rather heartwarming day to say the least.  During each period students were invited to reflect on the Scripture, Matthew 10: 28 – 30, Jesus said to the crowds: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”  (Matthew 10: 28 – 30)

Our students genuinely entered into the prayer time and were respectful.  They fully embraced the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation if they chose to do so.  Many students availed themselves to the Sacrament and were grateful for the opportunity.

The priests who came to celebrate the Sacrament with us were very kind and all came highly recommended.  On this day of Reconciliation let us take the opportunity to embrace the forgiveness we have been given by Jesus and share that with others.  As we approach the mystery of Christmas let us take the time to reach out to others who we need to forgive and share Jesus’ peace and love with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment