Sunday, September 22, 2019

Praying for Peace in our World


As we continue to look at the need for peace in our world let us reflect on:
We are all called to develop the global common good and support the struggles of our sisters and brothers in the human family wherever they stand against injustice.

Solidarity “is the firm and persevering determination to commit oneself to the common good of all and of each individual, because we are all really responsible for all.”  (Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church, #193)

Pope Francis has recently given fuller voice to environmental concerns that have been a part of Catholic social teaching since the 1960s.

“Care for the environment represents a challenge for all of humanity. It is a matter of a common and universal duty, that of respecting a common good.”  (Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church, #466)

Let us pray:

Free me, Creator God, from sin, from fear;
Free me from all forms of hate;
Free me from anger and violence.
Free me to love all my neighbors;
Free me to love the gift of Creation;
Free me to love with compassion and courage.
Free me to listen to your wisdom;
Free me to pay attention to the earth;
Free me to discern where my voice is needed.
Free me to follow your prophets, ancient and new;
Free me proclaim a graced-filled vision of peace;
Free me to walk the journey to Justice.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment