Thursday, September 28, 2017

Seeing is Believing

Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was happening, and he was greatly perplexed because some were saying, "John has been raised from the dead"; others were saying, "Elijah has appeared"; still others, "One of the ancient prophets has arisen."  But Herod said, "John I beheaded.  Who then is this about whom I hear such things?"  And he kept trying to see him.  Luke 9:7-9


In today’s Gospel, we read the story of Herod who wanted to see Jesus.  He kept looking for him not to get rid of him but to understand him better.  Many times, in life we are faced with the same issues.  We want to see Jesus but are not always sure of how to find him.  When I was in the sixth grade I remember getting glasses for the very first time and did not realize how much I had been missing until I put them on.  After wearing them for a short time I could see with a new perspective.  When we are searching for Jesus we need to be open to seeing him in all places and in all people.  Jesus promises to be with us always.  This does not mean only on the good days or when I am in a good mood.  Each day we are called on to put on Christ and to remember that he will always guide us along the journey of life.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment