Thursday, May 4, 2017

Bread of Life

When I was reflecting this morning on today’s Gospel I kept hearing the song I Am the Bread of Life.  It is a song that I learned a very long time ago but it always recalls for me Jesus’ promise to us.  The words of the song have not changed much over the years.  They are: 

I am the Bread of life, you who comes to Me shall not hunger, you who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me Unless the Father beckons.

And I will raise you up, And I will raise you up, And I will raise you up on the last day.

The bread that I will give is My flesh for the life of the world, and all who eats of this bread, you shall live forever, you shall live forever.

And I will raise you up, And I will raise you up, And I will raise you up on the last day.


Let us live this day and every day in the promise of Jesus to always be there for us.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment