Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Faith

This morning while I was praying I was struck by today's reflection in Daily Word.  It reads:  "My faith in the Higher Power reassures and renews me -- mind, body, and spirit."  I take time each day to renew my spirit, knowing that the benefits will be blessings beyond measure.  I begin in the silence of prayer.  In the silence, I let go of outer distractions and focus on the spirit of God within.  God fills the silence with love and peace and contentment.

As the spirit of God surrounds me I remember that I am God's beloved child.  I welcome God's guidance and inspiration into my life.  Breathing in, breathing out, I concentrate on the beauty of God's spirit in me.  I am renewed in mind and spirit and I thank God for the wisdom and understanding I need to make good and right decisions.

"Be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and clothe yourself with the new self, created according to the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness."  Ephesians 4: 23 - 24.

May we always seek to make good and right decisions.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment