Friday, November 30, 2012

Ursuline Weekend


Yeah it's Friday!!

People keep wishing me a good weekend and I keep thinking of how busy it is going to be.

However, it's all good stuff.

Tonight, I will travel to Blondie's Sports Bar in NYC with some Ursuline Sisters for a fundraiser to benefit Home Based Care at Good Shepherd Mission Hospital, Swaziland, Africa. One of our sisters, Sr. Maureen McCarthy, osu served there for a year and friends from Malone-Al and Kathleen Hartmann have served there many different times over the years. The people in Swaziland suffer from AIDS, poverty, lack of clean water, malnutrition and endemic disease. It's an important service to be involved in.

Tomorrow afternoon, the Ursuline Sisters and lay board of trustees members are meeting to discuss Sponsorship of Ursuline Schools: Defining the Future. We will discuss the Academy of Mt. St. Ursula in the Bronx, Ursuline Academy in Wilmington, Delaware and the Ursuline School in New Rochelle. A canon lawyer will be sharing her views with us too.

Then on Sunday, I have two prayer gatherings to attend:
 1) A gathering of Younger Women connected to Ursulines who are interested in prayer and conversation-anyone between 18-55 is welcome!!
2) A group of my sisters whom I used to live with gather periodically to pray and converse together.

We definitely are following Angela's words-From time to time, gather your sisters for prayer and conversation-at times have someone suitable come in to share information with them.

Hopefully all events will energize me, challenge me and help me with my continued desire to live life as an Ursuline Sister seeking to follow God's will in my life and help others feel self-confident about themselves.

It definitely is a packed weekend; but one that is necessary for my mind and soul.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu




No comments:

Post a Comment