Monday, September 17, 2012

One's Very Presence


Many of us in religious life have connections to sisters from various congregations around the world. Since there are less people entering each congregation/community, many of participate in intercommunity formation programs where we have the opportunity to meet and network with other sisters. Also I am a member of the Core Team for Giving Voice (a group of younger women religious) and through that organization I meet many other sisters from various orders and places in our country and our world.
Check us out at www.giving-voice.org
I also have to admit each day I log onto Facebook to see what's happening with many of these sisters and my other friends from all over. Today, I noted that my friend Sr. Nichole Trahan, S.M. (a Marianist Sister) wrote a great quote about the importance of our words and actions. So I'm going to use part of her quote on our blog today.
Check out Sr. Nicole's blog-The Life of a New Sister- http: //sisternicole.blogspot.com/
The Importance of Word and Actions
No matter our particular job or ministry, we teach by our very presence in the world - people learn from us whether we realize it or not. The question is what are we teaching by our words & actions?
Today is the Feast Day of St. Robert Bellarmine, S.J.  May we learn from the great teacher and theologian how to teach (in word and deed) with love.
My words and actions need to show love, peace, reconciliation and compassion-That is what Angela modeled and I have vowed to follow in her footsteps so I better keep trying harder to live out her words and actions along with St. Robert Bellarmine’s.  I always knew his name because my cousins attended this grammar school in Bayside Queens.   
Blessings to all,
Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment