Friday, August 31, 2012

Jubilee-25 Years as an Ursuline Sister

Here are some reflections from Sr Pat Schifini, osu as she celebrates 25 years  of religious profession as an Ursuline Sister.

“Religious life is challenging, but I would not trade it for anything! I have come to know that God’s love is what I need most in my life. Supported by my Ursuline sisters, family and friends, I am continually challenged to keep on growing.

“When I made my first vows, the joy that filled my heart was great, and this has remained with me. When I went to Mexico and had to move out of my comfort zone to function in another language, when a woman I journeyed with entered the community, and when I spent 7 months in Rome with Ursulines from many different countries, it was the JOY of being Ursuline that I felt.

“Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to be a teacher, and I love it. My colleagues and students are a blessing and continue to nurture my vocation. Doing vocation ministry and serving on our leadership team have also been challenging as well as very rewarding. It is being in mission with my sisters that makes it so meaningful.

“To someone considering religious life today, I want to say that the only way you will truly know it is for you is to try it. It is not always easy to go against the pressures of society. Don’t let anyone talk you out of it. Some tried this with me, and I am glad I did not listen to them. Religious life has its ups and downs, as does any life, but if you are called to it, it will make you very happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment