Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weather

For the past three days, it has been raining on and off in New York City. Yesterday, on my way home as I was walking toward the 1 subway, there was a major downpour of water. My pants, shoes, and socks were drenched very quickly. My back pack also got soaked and so did the papers inside. This morning the papers and notebook were still wet and yucky. At first, I got so upset.

However, as I prayed and reflected this morning, I realize that yes while having wet papers and notebooks is a drag, it is a small inconvenience compared to what others are experiencing with weather conditions lately. Mississippi is experiencing major flood. Texas and New Mexico are in a drought. Alabama has suffered a tornado. Many people are being affected in major ways.

I pray for all people suffering any disruptions and calamities due to weather conditions.

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment