Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week

I used to teach fourth grade at St. Philip Neri in the Bronx. Plus I also taught 5th grade boys and 6th grade girls at St. Ignatius in Hunts Point. Both were great experiences for me. Teaching religion was a very powerful experience for me. I especially loved teaching about Holy Week with all its rituals and symbols. Waving the Palms, The Stations of the Cross, the Washing of the Feet, the Crown of Thorns, The Tomb all stand out for me. As a child, I remember being at SPN on Good Friday and participating in activities related to Jesus' suffering most of the day. However, I also strongly remember the end of the day when we would jump out of tombs we constructed yelling- Jesus is Risen. He is alive in YOU!! ALLELUIA!!!! AMEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment