Thursday, January 13, 2011

Arizona

Today I arrived in Phoenix, Arizona for the annual Janaury Giving Voice weekend for women religious in their 20s and 30s. This will be my last year since I'll be 40 in May. Yikes!! Scary thing though I'm still "young" in religious life.

My friends and I have dubbed this Young Nun Weekend. It's great to share prayer together, spend time in contemplation, relax with one another, converse about our dreams and struggles and just have FUN!!!

For the 2nd year, we are at Our Lady of Guadalupe Monastery in Phoenix, Arizona. It is quite beautiful. There are many places to sit outside and enjoy the sun.

I'm struck that I'm here in Arizona considering the great tragedy that has hit Tucson, Arizona. I pray for all the victims. So awful!!! I pray that Representative Giffords continues to improve. I also remember the shooter and pray that he gets the mental help he needs. What a disaster!!

I know that our Young Nun gatherings provide peace to my soul. I hope one day that peace can reach all people and the senseless violence in our country, nation, world, planet and Earth can end.

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment