Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kindness and Generous Love of God


But when the kindness and generous love
of God our savior appeared
not because of any righteous deeds we had done
but because of his mercy.....
These words come from today's Scripture Reading- Titus 3:1-7. They immediately spoke to me. First of all, I need to remember that there is the kindness and generous love of God. It is out there for me to grab hold of and experience. However, it doesn't happen no matter how good I am or what I do, accomplish, write, or speak. It comes to me because of God's mercy. How powerful and wonderful that is! I must remember that as I try to "do it all" today. Getting it all done correctly doesn't matter. Last week, Sister Ellie quoted words she once received from her spiritual director-You don't always have to give it your best-you sometimes just have to do it!!!
I'm going to try to remember all this today as I get ready for school and a meeting of fellow high school alums tonight.
Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment