Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Our Church!!!

Happy Pentecost!!

Today is the day we celebrate the apostles receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. This is when they started going out and spreading the Good News of Jesus to all the people. In as sense, it is the start of the Church.

I have always been taught that Pentecost is the Church's birthday. When I was a child, my grandmother, mother and I would celebrated by having an ice cream cake or special treat and talking about the Holy Spirit's gifts. These gifts include Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Courage, Knowledge, Prayerfulness and Wonder. What awesome gifts. I am so thankful for these gifts and want to use them to better the world. Right now I especially need Courage for some of the life changes and transitions I need to undergo. I'm especially thankful for the gift of Wonder because it keeps joy in my life.

Which gift of the Holy Spirit do you especially need now?
Which gift of the Holy Spirit are you especially thankful for?

Enjoy the Church's Birthday Celebration!!! I hope the Spirit visits you in a new energizing way.

Sr. Jeannie Humphries

No comments:

Post a Comment