Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Making Peace

I was searching for a quote about peace and I found the following which seems to summarize it well for me.  “Peacefulness is an inner sense of calm - it comes from becoming still – in order to reflect and meditate on our inner wisdom and receive answers. A peaceful heart is one that is free from worry and trouble. It's becoming quiet so we can look at things quietly so we can more clearly understand them and thus come up with creative solutions. It is learning to live in the present.”  (Anonymous)

Our world right now is far from this but I believe that it is up to each person to make peace with themselves first and then they can spread it to the rest of the world.  Each one of us needs to learn to live in the present and the only way that I can see this happening is by taking time to quiet oneself and reflect on what I can do each day to make the world a more peaceful place.  I am reminded of the hymn Let There Be Peace on Earth.  Perhaps today is a good day to reflect on the words and let us make peace a reality by letting it begin with me.

Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth, the peace that was meant to be.

With God as our Father, we are family. Let us walk with each other, 
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me, Let this be the moment now, 
With every step I take, Let this be my solemn vow, 

To take each moment and live each moment in peace, eternally.
Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment