Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

Today we celebrate the Feast of St. Patrick.  St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland and the Archdiocese of New York.  As we celebrate this day with many different traditions, parades and great food let us remember that St. Patrick sought to bring Christianity to Ireland.  He had a difficult life and turned  his life around when he embraced the faith.  Here is part of his famous Lorica to reflect on:

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,

Christ in every ear that hears me. Amen


Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment