Friday, March 4, 2016

Love of Neighbor



Jesus gave us the great commandment to, “Love one another as I have loved you.”  We live in a world where people struggle to love and feel unloved.  It is important for us to remember Jesus’ call to love.  As we love others we are also living out Jesus’ call to love others.  Jesus loved and cared for all those he met.  He cared for women, children, widows, orphans, the underprivileged, the sick, the rich and the poor.  Jesus had no favorites he loved everyone equally.  We are called to do the same.  As disciples of Jesus we are called to love and care for our neighbors.  During this Lenten season it is good for us to look at our relationships and ask the question, “Have I been as loving as I could be? Have I treated all people with the same respect that I desire from them?”  Let us live the remainder of this Lenten season remembering and living out Jesus’ great commandment!

Pat Schifini

No comments:

Post a Comment