Sunday, July 8, 2012

Retreat, Renewal, Refreshment

I just returned home from my annual retreat in Enders Island near Mystic, Connecticut.  Having spent a week by the water I have returned feeling refreshed and renewed.  The retreat I was on was a Guided Retreat and the theme was the women at the Resurrection.  It was a wonderful topic and I have to admit I really enjoyed praying with those women who accompanied Jesus.  The two talks each day were very helpful for focusing me on my journey with the Lord.  One talk was in the morning and the other in the late afternoon so I had plenty of time to sit by the water and pray with these wonderful women who stayed with Jesus and cared for him.  Gratefully most days there was a breeze so it was not at hot as most places were experiencing.  It was a silent retreat with a group of thirty women and one man.  Most of us were sisters but the rest of the group gave a wonderful dimension.  The group really bonded despite the silence and for those whose first experience this was of a retreat it was a great group to be with.  On Friday night we had a social gathering which gave everyone the chance to get to know one another better and share on our experience.

Reentry after a retreat always leaves me with the challenge of how to keep the good experiences I had alive and not to forget all that happened.  All one can do is do what they have the power to do and try to be their best self.  Perhaps this is the call for each of us during these hot days -- to reach out to someone and be present to them.  You never know when you just might be entertaining an angel sent from God.

Peace,
Sr. Pat

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a graced and renewing retreat, Pat! What a gift it is for us year after year.
    Blessings,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete