Saturday, July 14, 2012

Raising Children


Last night, I went to a "cocktail" party at one of my friend’s house. I have known this young woman since we were in grammar school at St. Philip Neri in the Bronx. There were ten of us in attendance.

All but one woman and I are married and raising children under the age of 8. It was so interesting to listen to them talk about their wishes, dreams and hopes for their daughters and sons. All want to instill some values and teach their children about faith, morals and good decision making. They discussed the fact that at this point in their lives; the children are early risers so the moms are suffering from lack of sleep and also their children need constant activity, so all present are constantly on the go.

I think back to my mom and all she did to make my childhood such a happy one. She suffered from diabetes since she was 16 and then went blind and on kidney dialysis during my early teen years. However, while her sickness was a big part of our lives, she also taught me about love and living the best life you can with what you're dealt. Thank you Mom!!

I pray for my friends and all parents who are trying to raise their children to be good moral citizens. I believe that since my friends are questioning themselves and seeking the advice of others shows that they are doing the best job they can as parents. Know I believe you can do it!!Prayers and blessings!!

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment