Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween


On Friday night, October 29th, I went to the Great Pumpkin Blaze at Van Cortlandt Manor, in Croton on Hudson, NY. I went with my friend Kyra's Girl Scout Troop. Kyra's mom, grandmother and I were the drivers and adult chaperones. It was great fun. We picked up the girls at 2:30p.m. from school and went right up the Sprain River Pkwy. We needed to be there by 3:30 p.m. so the girls could work on a community service project. We had the job of lightening many of the pumpkins for the great festivities that would begin in the dark. It was hard work. Many of the pumpkins are carved to show great designs. They are beautiful and it's a great experience. However, I never thought till that afternoon as we were kneeling on the ground, moving pumpkins, throwing away old candles, putting in new ones and working against the wind to light candles how much work it takes to put on such a fantastic presentation. I was reminded of the need to be thankful for workers of all kinds. Everyone's talent and task helped make the night a great one!!!
Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment