Thursday, May 18, 2017

Remain in My Love


Jesus said to his disciples:  "As the Father loves me, so I also love you.  Remain in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love.  "I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete."  John 15: 9 – 11


In today’s Gospel, Jesus gives us a wonderful invitation to remain in his love.  Jesus assures us that if we truly listen to one another we will realize that God’s love is for all of us.  Our world is very busy and very divided.  We need to take time to be silent and know that that is when God will be able to speak to our hearts.  Our God wants to touch our hearts and it is only with listening that this is possible.  May we come to realize that God’s love is at the very heart of all our decisions.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment