Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Gift of Song

“A gift of song is a gift of love Though how this is I cannot say But who receives a gift of love Must send it freely on its way

As I receive, so let me give And live in joy, my whole life through A gift of song is a gift of love Here comes a gift of love for you

A gift of song is a gift of love It falls to Earth, we know not where But who receives a gift of love It follows then that he must share

As I receive, so let me give And live in joy, my whole life through.”  Mason Williams


Yesterday some of us had the pleasure of listening to the Honors Choir and the Middle School Chorus performances at NYSMA!  It was truly an exhilarating moment.  They performed beautifully and shared their gift freely.  As I listened to them sing I was reminded of the song above by Mason Williams.  Let us live this day sharing the gift of music with one another and rejoicing in the joy that it brings to all.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment