Monday, May 6, 2013

Jubilee Celebration and a First Communion.

This weekend, I had the pleasure of spending both days at celebrations.

On Saturday, my Ursuline Sisters has our annual Jubilee Mass and luncheon.  This means we celebrated and honored sisters who professed their vows 50, 60 and 70 years ago.  In total , we were acknowledging 490 years of service to God, our church, our world, the people of God and the Ursuline Sisters.  These 8 sisters had been involved in ministries of education, pastoral care, missionary work, spiritual direction, social service and retreat work.  It was a beautiful day.  It was nice to be with my Ursuline Sisters and share in Mass and a meal together.

Then yesterday, Sunday, I attended a high school friend's son's First Communion Party,  That was another great day.  We were able to be outside enjoying the nice weather together.  Also they were probably close to 40 little children under the age of 8 running around on the big field at the place of the party.  It was nice to see their enthusiasm and energy.

In a sense over the weekend, I was involved with both ends of life-one day celebrating lives of sisters over 70 years of age and then celebrating a milestone of an 8 year old boy.  I feel very fortunate to have both sets of people in my life. Thank you God for all your goodness to me.

Prayers and blessings of love, joy and peace to all.

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment