Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Children's Prayers

I have this book titled Children's Prayers from Around the World by Mary Batchelor.

Right now, my life is very busy and full. I have not had much time to write for this blog or reflect. Today my eyes fell on this book and I turned to the page titled Busy Days.

Here is what it says.

Work, for I am with you, says the Lord.from Haggai 2
Thank you for the joy that comes when we have done a good piece of work, even if it means doing it over and over again, as Jesus did in the carpenter's shop. Thank you for the happy times we have when we do things together, and share everything with each other. Thank you for all our friends.

The things, good Lord, that we pray for,
give us grace to work for
.
Sir Thomas More (1478-1535)

I was reminded of how Jesus and Joseph were carpenters. They worked with their hands and I'm sure were busy on certain projects at times. Also Mary was busy keeping house, cooking, getting water from the well and making sure they had clean clothes. Being busy is part of life. But how we treat others and ourselves during our busy lives is what matters!!

Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment