Thursday, April 7, 2011

Career Day

Today at Ascension School in Manhattan, it was Career Day. Children in my class heard from various people about their jobs and careers. We listened to a doctor, a financial recruiter, a non-profit executive director, an English teacher, a motivational speaker and a fashion designer. Plus many more were around the school sharing their stories. It was great!! The children listened carefully and asked great questions.

It made me think of my career as an educator. What motivated me to get interested in the field? Children What keeps me staying in the field? Children and the desire to help others.

I also thought how can I make my lifestyle as a women religious known more to the children. It's not a career. However, it is central to who I am.


Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment