Friday, September 17, 2010

Jesus, Women, Travel and Resources

Today's Gospel- Luke 8: 1-3 says the following: "Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God. Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, Susanna, and many others who provided for them out of their resources."

Upon first reading it and hearing that the women had to be cured of evil spirits and infirmities angered me. What are women the only ones suffering? Who decided their spirits were evil? I'm sure some of the Twelve suffered too.

But then I reread the Gospel again and saw the line and many others who provided for them out of their resources and was touched by the generosity. How wonderful!!

Plus I was struck by the lines Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another. Today I'm off on various tasks for the weekend. I will travel toand from the following places: SoHo, Hartsdale, New Rochelle, Hastings on Hudson, Bronx, Croton-on Hudson, Yonkers and that's all I know of right now. However, I must remember that Jesus also traveled and when he did-he preached and proclaimed the good news of the Kingdom of God. I might not be a preacher but I can be kind and generous to all those I meet in my travels.

How can you be like Jesus in your travels?

Sr. Jeannie, osu

No comments:

Post a Comment