Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reflection on an Ursuline Education

Today we celebrate St. Philip Neri! As I prayed this morning I could not help but think back on my education at St. Philip Neri school in the Bronx. Memories of those days on the Grand Concourse flooded my mind. As I looked back on those days I was reminded of the great teachers I had and how they influenced my life. I also recalled my friends and classmates. Many of us who were educated at SPNS(during my time)have fond memories of Srs. Annunciata, Catherine Marie, Julia, Clare, Maura,and Josephine. We owe a great deal to these women who set us on the right path for life. May we always make them proud!

Sr. Pat

2 comments:

  1. I also went to SPN class of 66 it was a great time in my life. I always think about the old neighborhood and how great it was growing up in the Bronx. I live in Texas now but i sure miss the old crowd. P.S anyone know the fate of Mother Columba,( she was my favorite. Ray Grana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,

    Yes SPN sure was a great time in many people's lives. Growing up in the Bronx for so many was just the best. Mother Columba is now Sr. Alice Moran-she was my novice director for my first vows and worked with me again as I prepared for final vows five years later. She is a wonderful woman-I thank God she was there as I learned about being an Ursuline. Now she is in our nursing home suffering a bit of cognitive confusion but still has a great smile and is interested in hearing about her former students-I will pass on your greetings. Feel free to email us at angelasvision@gmail.com and we can get a message to her.
    Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu

    ReplyDelete