Thursday, February 9, 2017

Snow Day

There are two words that always bring joy to students and teachers alike – SNOW DAY!  For the first time in a few years the NYC Public Schools are closed.  As I sit here, at home, looking out the window I am struck by the ominous beauty outside.  The snow is coming down quite rapidly and with those fine flakes that signal a good accumulation.  When I have a snow day it is a day that I see as a gift to catch up on things that I haven’t been able to do and the chance to plan ahead.  I find that it is a gift of time.  When we receive the unexpected gift of time we have to make choices of how to use it.  I know at some point I will go out and shovel out and clear the cars which right now seems daunting as the wind is howling.  But the rest of the day is a time to relax, catch up and enjoy the beauty of it all.  May this day be filled with many unexpected blessings for all!  Be safe out there everyone!

Pat Schifini, OSU

  

No comments:

Post a Comment