Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Come to Me...

In today’s Gospel, Jesus said to the crowds: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.   For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”  (Matthew 11: 28 – 30) I find this to be one of my favorite Gospels as it gives me so much comfort and hope.

In our world, there are many who are weary and burdened and have no one to share that burden with.  Each one of us can relate to these sentiments.  Jesus promises us true relief from our burdens if we go to him.  In our daily living, Jesus invites us to come and we need to make the decision to follow.  There is a certain commitment as we accept the invitation.  What does this response look like is it praying, studying the Bible, being present to others or doing random acts of kindness?

Let us take time during this Advent waiting to move closer to Jesus and accept his invitation to come.  He invites us as we are and helps us to grow into who he wants us to be.  Jesus’ invitation of love is for all and all we have to do is take the first step.


Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment