Monday, February 22, 2016

Who do you day that I am?

In today’s Gospel we here the familiar question posed to Jesus’ disciples, “Who do you say that the Son of Man is?”  Whenever I hear this particular Gospel I am drawn back to the day of my reception into the Ursuline Community as this was the Gospel that day.  Since that rainy August day some 30 years ago this Gospel has truly been part of my journey of faith and growth.  As the disciples answered the question for Jesus back in the day I find myself pondering it today.  The response is very much the same but there is a certain certitude of heart now that was not present long ago.  

Lent gives us the opportunity to reflect on our relationship with Jesus in a deeper way.  We are encouraged to look deep within.  Our God encourages us to see the good in one another and to accept each person where they are coming from.  We are called to be Christ for one another and to remember that Christ came to save each one of us.  Like Peter we need to have the courage to admit that Jesus is truly, “The Son of the living God.”  We are called to share that reality with all those we encounter.  Let us live this day and each day in joy and peace!

Pat Schifini, OSU


No comments:

Post a Comment