Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Compassion

Compassion, "to be with passion" can also be translated, "to be with love."  All around us we see signs of compassion in the faces of doctors and nurses who care for the sick of the world and in those who stop to care for the homeless and the poor who live among us daily. Jesus showed compassion when he healed the soldier's daughter and Peter's mother-in-law.  And he certainly showed compassion when he raised Lazarus from the dead.  I can show compassion by reaching out to a classmate who looks sad or one who is sitting by herself.  I can show compassion by defending someone who is being talked about.  I can show compassion by trying my best to love those people who drive me crazy.  I can show compassion by treating my siblings with kindness.  Look to Jesus as a model of someone who lived with compassion, with love.

K. M. Donohue, OSU


No comments:

Post a Comment