Sunday, January 30, 2022

Catholic Schools Week 2022

 

National Catholic Schools Week (CSW) is an annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. Now entering its 48th anniversary year, CSW has traditionally been held the last week in January.  Schools typically observe the week with Masses, assemblies and other activities for students, families, parishioners, and community members to celebrate. 

This year’s theme is Catholic Schools: Faith. Excellence. Service.  The theme represents the core values of Catholic education.  Catholic schools operate as communities rather than bureaucracies. Catholic schools are committed to academic excellence. Catholic schools incorporate spirituality into every aspect of the curriculum. Catholic schools teach that service to others is a basic tenet of the Catholic faith.

As I look back on my own education, I was blessed to be able to attend a Catholic elementary school, a Catholic high school, and a Catholic college.  I have many fond memories of my own education.  It is wonderful to be able to reconnect with those I had gone to elementary school with through social media.  Monthly I join some of my high school classmates who are in other states on Zoom.  We were introduced to one another because of our education and have remained friends for many years.

As school celebrate Catholic Schools Week 2022 may it be an experience of joy and pride for the many students who they have educated.  May Faith. Excellence. Service always be the guiding light for all.



No comments:

Post a Comment