Friday, December 1, 2017

God's Plan

Jesus told his disciples a parable.  "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees.  When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the Kingdom of God is near.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."   Luke 21: 29 – 33


This parable always reminds me of the importance of looking at nature and being alert.  I had a unique reminder of this early this morning as I put my contact lens in my eye.  Having worn contacts for many years it is a rather routine ritual to put them in.  This morning it became quite a challenge as my lens tore just as I placed it in my eye and I was unable to get the rest of it out.  I ran over to my doctor who found it immediately and told me never to panic if that happens it will work its way out.  As I pondered those words I felt that it was really a great summary of what our readings tell us today.  Our readings tell us that all shall be well in God’s time not necessarily on our schedule.  We live in a society where instant gratification is the name of the game and every occasionally, it helps to receive a gentle reminder that God knows what we need when we need it.  God will never give us any more than we can handle.  Perhaps today is a good day to thank God for the countless blessings that are showered down upon us.

Pat Schifini, OSU

No comments:

Post a Comment