Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day


Today we honor all those who have served our country in the armed forces. My dad served our country in Vietnam. I am proud of him for giving that service and want to thank him and all the other veterans around the world.

I also want to thank the Veterans' Administration System which provides all different care for veterans upon their return to the United States and afterwards too.

My college roommate from CNR Nancy is a social worker there and I know the job is not always easy-the men and women are suffering because of the violence they experienced and have many after effects. One of my Ursuline Sister, Sr. Pascal Conforti has provided chaplaincy care there too.

Let's remember our veterans today for their service and the workers who serve them today.

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment